HOME Forums The Six Disciplines of Agile Marketing book Feedback from Dave Hughes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jim Ewel
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Applying Agile in small (in our case two person) marketing teams without over-complicating things.
    How to communicate this new way of planning to senior management teams

Hope this helps,

Dave

Jim Ewel
    Keymaster

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback.

I definitely cover your question 2, discussing how to promote the use of Agile to management in two scenarios – first, where they’re likely to be receptive and second, where they aren’t likely to be receptive.

As far as your first question goes, I don’t really cover it, primarily because I don’t have much experience on this topic. I think the smallest team that I’ve worked with practicing Agile has been 5 people. That was in a company that I ran, and we practiced Kanban because we felt that Scrum was too complicated. We didn’t want to hold Sprint planning meetings, daily standups, etc. Instead, we used Kanban boards to make sure that everyone knew what everyone else was working on and where they were at, and we reviewed the board for a few minutes in our regular weekly staff meeting. That’s about all the process we needed.

Let me think about whether this goes in the book at the last minute or if it’s grist for a blog post. I’m not sure yet.

I hope that helps,

Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.